Now celebrating more than 20 years as a mainstay in the Indianapolis arts and culture scene, the annual Indy Jazz Fest returns in 2019 with a 10-day lineup celebrating the legacy of jazz, modern masters, and the discovery of new jazz stars. With an international vibe, this year’s festival will include Caribbean sounds, acts from the Dominican Republic and beyond, and will feature notable Indianapolis performers and award winning national acts.
WHEN: September 12-21, 2019
This year’s line-up of acts
- GRAMMY Award-winning Cuban-American trumpeter and composer Arturo Sandoval
GRAMMY Award-winning versatile guitarist Bill Frisell
- Fusion powerhouse and GRAMMY Award-winning Australian-born guitarist Frank Gambale featuring Dennis Chambers
- APA Cole Porter Fellowship 2019 winner Emmet Cohen
- Coast to Crossroads band featuring saxophonist Rob Dixon, guitarist and eight string wonder Charlie Hunter, and The Headhunters drummer Mike Clark
- A special collaboration between Jazz En Dominicana and Pavel & Direct Contact for an exciting presentation at the Indianapolis Central Library entitled Dominican Republic “La Hispanola”
- French jazz vocalist Cyrille Aimée takes a deep dive into the Stephen Sondheim songbook at The Cabaret
- The return of fan-favorite finale Indy Jazz Fest Block Party featuring hometown jazz heroes for a nine hour, 12 band showcase
- …and much more
This year’s venues
Each day of the festival, visitors are welcomed into a new space where the interaction with music and fellow community members is exciting. Since 2009, the multiple venue approach has brought together a diversity of jazz styles, with the history and culture embedded in some of the city’s most renowned performance locations. Indy Jazz Fest will once again be in venues “All Around Town” featuring performances at the Christel DeHaan Fine Arts Center, The Jazz Kitchen, IUPUI Campus Center, Indianapolis Central Library, The Cabaret, Schrott Center for the Arts, Chatterbox Jazz Club, and more.
Tickets and information
Tickets are on sale now at www.indyjazzfest.net.