Following the success of 2017, the Broad Ripple Village Association and The Vogue welcome the return of Taste of Broad Ripple, an all-day celebration of one of the city’s most vibrant and historic neighborhoods. This year we’ll have a larger area to accommodate all who want to partake in the Taste! The action-packed one-day festival will bring the best of local food, beverages and live music to the streets of Broad Ripple Village this Saturday, June 16, 2018 from 3-10 p.m.
Tickets and information
Tickets are only $7 and available now online at www.ticketfly.com (plus applicable service fees) or at the gate (cash & credit card accepted, with ATMs available). FREE admission for children ages 11 and under. Ten percent of all ticket proceeds will be donated to Riley Children’s Foundation on behalf of Riley Children’s Hospital.
About Broad Ripple
Home to an eclectic mix of local restaurants, independently owned shops, and renowned bars and brewpubs, Broad Ripple is recognized as one of the most creative areas of Indianapolis, shaped by its nearby parks, the Central Canal, the Monon Trail, and the winding White River. The Taste of Broad Ripple will embody no less, representing the essence of the only cultural district outside of downtown.
“I’m really excited about our fifth Taste of Broad Ripple,” said Steven Ross, Festival Organizer. “The Taste is a great way to show everybody what Broad Ripple Village has – a cool entertaining atmosphere, a variety of tasty cuisine, fun for the kids, and great craft beer and cocktails for adults. We encourage everyone to bring the whole family and come experience the flavor that is the Taste of Broad Ripple.”
An all-ages event with thousands expected to attend, Taste of Broad Ripple will feature several interactive areas, including:
- Chef’s Night Off Tent with a Broad Ripple Chef’s Cook-Off from 3-5:30 p.m.
- The Kid’s Play Area open from 3-6:30 p.m., supported by the Riley Children’s Foundation and managed by theCityMoms, with a Colts Interactive Museum, face painting, Paws & Think, interactive inflatable games and much more
- HotBox Kid’s Pizza Tent where kids craft their own mini pizzas
- School of Rock stage showcasing a School of Rock student band lineup
- Live music on the Main Stage all day, featuring powerhouse funk-band The Main Squeeze, and local favorites Bigfoot Yancey, Clint Breeze & The Groove, and The Stampede String Band
- 30 food vendors and 10 assorted non-food vendors
- Yuengling Beer Garden featuring Yuengling and Sun King
- The VinoMobileBar featuring select wines
- Southern Wine & Spirits Cocktail Tent with a host of assorted cocktails!
Main entrances for the festival will be located at Broad Ripple Ave. and N. Winthrop (in front of Noodles & Co.); at the intersection of E. Westfield and N. Guilford (right by the IFD Station #32); and at the walkway alley on the southside of The Vogue, 6259 N. College. Streets will be closed from the intersection of E. Westfield and N. Guilford Ave. down Guilford Ave. south to the Kroger lot; and from N. Winthrop Ave. and Broad Ripple Ave. intersection, west down Broad Ripple Ave. to the intersection of N. College Ave. North Carrollton will also be closed from Broad Ripple Ave. south to in front of Hubbard & Cravens.
Free shuttles will run throughout festival hours to and from the Glendale Mall parking lot east of the area. Handicapped parking will be in the Broad Ripple High School parking lot. There will be no cost to park at either location.
Participating food vendors
BRICS, The Jazz Kitchen, The Garden Table, Lava Lounge, HoiTea ToiTea, Upland Brewing, Kilroy’s, HotBox Pizza, BurgerFuel, Louie’s Wine Dive & Ripple Kitchen, J&J Taste of Home Catering Food Truck, Chik-fil-A, Delicia, Captain Sushi, Taste Cafe, The Northside Social, Mediteranno Cafe, and more.
Yuengling Beer, Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits, Chef’s Night Off, , Riley Children’s Foundation, HotBox Pizza, Do317, First Merchants Bank, Broad Ripple Magazine, Red Bull, and Party Time Rental